Saturday 21 May 2011

The Nitin Sawhney and Frederick Kwan Adventure Part 1




Earlier this week I received an sms from my really awesome buddy, Haiz,which read, "Babe, friday evening u free?" To which my reply, "most prolly" and
within seconds my white iphone vibrated with "ok. i book you k" and i replied "ok"

A day later I got another interesting sms from Haiz, "Babe tis fri super on! " I chuckled a little inside. I have never heard of someone confirming an appointment as "Super On" It was then when I knew, Haiz had planned for some really important. 

Time passes, Friday arrives. 
The 20th of May ( Friday's date)  was  a fantastic day to begin with. I had lunch with one of my colleagues and went back to my home office to work. Then I got a what'sapp message from Fred  (Haiz, Fred and I attend Nanyang junior college for 2 fantastic years in the same class 2CT6). It was the picture of his new born angelic looking baby boy. 

I have known Fred for almost 14 years now. We used to be study mates for Geography ( That explains our "phenomenal" grades) We also did Tap dancing classes together (until the dance school closed down) Fred, Haiz and I also were in the Toastmasters together. He served as an Area Governor as well. In short, Fred has been a significant part of my life. As I type this it gives me a chance to reminisce the golden days of our young selfs. 

His wife Sarina, had just delivered Mr.D at 1 pm.
 I was exhilarated. 
I called Fred  chatted gleefully about this momentous occasion in his life. Soon, Haiz called me to also resonate with the joy of the good news. Haiz and I made plans to get a huge congratulatory balloon and visit his first born son. 

H and I arrived at Thompson Medical Centre at about 5.30pm  and had a wonderful time soaking in the great energy that was present in the room. Sarina looked so peaceful whilst resting on the cosy medical bed. They had the company of their close family members  to join her in the quiet celebrations. Bundled up and sleeping was Mr.D.

I could not believe it. Here he was. 
This beautiful, peaceful miracle of God. 
This blessing. 
This song of the soul in a human form. Mr.D.  
Fred is now Dad. 
Congrats Fred.
 I know your son is gifted to have you and Sarina as his parents. I can imagine amazing experiences you will create for this child to evolve into a confident and jubilant boy. 

Haiz was busy clicking away my with my DSLR to capture this wonderful time we were all sharing. After our sweet moments with Fred, Sarina and Mr D (Fred pls do consider all the other names i suggested. Mario, Mariachi and Mamma Mia! Trust me bro. It works. Will keep you entertained for years to come.) Time was ticking. H and I said our goodbyes and  fled speedily to the adventure he had planned 

but we soon encountered an unexpected monster.
The heavy peak hour traffic. (So much for ERP and COE systems)  
My stomach was also starting to protest in hunger. 
Tensions were rising. 

... to be continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment